People call a Podiatrist for help diagnosing and treating a wide array of foot and ankle problems. At North Platte Foot Clinic we want to make sure your feet and ankles are as healthy as can be. If you are in the North Platte area please contact our office if you experience any of the following symptoms related to podiatry issues:
- Persistent pain in your feet or ankles.
- Changes in the nails or skin on your foot.
- Severe cracking, scaling, or peeling on the heel or foot.
- Blisters on your feet.
Please contact our office if you have signs of a bacterial infection, including:
- Increased pain, swelling, redness, tenderness, or heat.
- Red streaks extending from the affected area.
- Discharge or pus from an area on the foot.
- Foot or ankle symptoms that do not improve after two weeks of treatment with a nonprescription product.
- Spreading of an infection from one area of the foot to another, such as under the nail bed, skin under the nail, the nail itself, or the surrounding skin.
- Thickening toenails that cause discomfort.
- Heel pain accompanied by a fever, redness (sometimes warmth), or numbness.
- Tingling in the heel; persistent heel pain without putting any weight on your heel
- Pain that is not alleviated by ice or over-the-counter painkillers (such as acetaminophen, aspirin or ibuprofen).
- Diabetics with poor circulation who develop Athlete’s Foot.