After you go through an ankle surgery with a podiatrist here are some thing you can expect to do when you are Post-op.
- Keep your foot elevated after the surgery for almost all of the day for around 3 days depending on surgery.
- Always keep your dressings and splint clean and dry.
- Move your ankle around periodically to reduce swelling and improve healing.
- After the incision is healed Physical Therapy can begin if that has been instructed by a podiatrist.
- Around four weeks, depending on surgery and care, after the surgery you can gradually move to normal activity.