After you go through an Achilles tendon surgery with a podiatrist here are some thing you can expect to do when you are Post-op.
- Keep your foot elevated after the surgery for almost all of the day for around 3 days depending on surgery and what your podiatrist instructs.
- Always keep your dressings and splint clean and dry.
- Ice your tendon every hour for around 20 minutes, do this for about 4 days.
- Depending on demands of your work environment it will be safe to go back to sedentary work around five days post-op
- Around 8-12 weeks post-op, depending on surgery and care, full weight bearing in a CAM boot can begin and physical therapy can also start if that has been instructed.